As the cannabis market evolves alongside legalization, methods of consumption diversify to appeal to a wider base. A sizable portion of the population interested in consuming marijuana has turned to edibles; the range of products and varieties grows daily. Projected numbers for the cannabis edibles market is $4.1 billion by 2022. The recently released Cannabis-infused Edibles Market report categorized products by type, including beverages, candies, and chocolates. This post focuses on cannabis drinks which are sectioned, then ordered from lowest to highest levels of THC.
Note: products that contain alcohol can not legally contain THC as well, therefore all drinks listed are non-alcoholic. Additionally, the products below are only available in states that have legalized marijuana.
Know Your Limits
When experiencing cannabis drinks initially, proceed with caution. Consider trying products at home, rather than out in unfamiliar surroundings. Remember alcohol and THC react differently, and each user feels varying results. Additionally, the cannabis high from drinking can also stick around longer or be more intense than expected. On average, five to six hours of feeling high is not uncommon and some drinkers report feeling its effects into the next day. It is best to have an understanding of personal THC tolerance levels and consider that when choosing cannabis beverages and edibles.
Cannabis Beverages You Should Try Today
While there are numerous cannabis drink options on the market, we’ve put together a categorized list of a few of our favorite types of cannabis beer, cannabis coffee, and more.
Tastes like Beer, Wine, or Margarita
- Two Roots has five versions of alcohol-free beer, including a blonde and a Bavarian Bohemian Tropical. THC amount is 5 mg.
- HiFi Hops is an IPA-inspired drink with no calories. THC amount is 5 mg.
- Tinley Cannabis Margarita is a ready-to-drink beverage infused with extracts of real tequila and lime, as well as Pineapple Jack Sativa. THC amount is 10 mg.
- House of Saka offers several wine-like varieties, including options with and without bubbles. THC amount is 20 mg.
Cannabis Juices and Tonics
- Mood 33 has a line of sparkling tonics with many positive reviews online. THC amount is 10 mg.
- Legal is an all-natural sparkling tonic in five flavors including Rainier cherry. THC amount is 20 mg.
- Cannabis Quencher is a line of juices and lemonades with flavors like hibiscus and strawberry. THC amount is 75 mg.
- CannaPunch OMG Bold is a non-carbonated drink with flavors like blue raspberry and pineapple mango. THC amount is 151 mg.
Cannabis Coffee and Tea
- Catapult coffee is Keurig-compatible. THC amount is 10 mg.
- Therapy Tonics Luna Tea has a traditional sleepy time profile of chamomile and peppermint. THC amount is 25 mg.
- Subtle Tea are hot-use tea bags with the taste of green tea. THC amount is 40 mg.
- Jane’s Brew Cannabis-Infused Coffee is available as caffeinated, decaf, or cappuccino. THC amount is 80 mg.
When shopping for marijuana drinks, be aware of another category: weed beers. These cannabis beers contain alcohol but do not contain THC. Instead, these are brewed with cannabis terpenes (a non-psychoactive compound) to add resinous, herbal flavors. One example of this genre is the Cambridge Bay Pilsner, which is 7% ABV and is made from a mash from the stems, stalks, and roots of cannabis plants, then fermented in the presence of hops and yeast.
Not ready to commit to a specific beverage? Try Ripple Pure, which contains 10 mg of purified THC distillate. This powder can be added to any food or beverage; it is calorie-free, odorless, and flavor-free.
Experience Cannabis Beverages at a CannaCon Expo Near You
If you are in a state with restrictions on cannabis-infused drinks and cannot experience these vittles yourself, read one person’s journey into this world of cannabis drinks here. Ultimately, the realm of liquid marijuana drinks, along with other cannabis edibles, has issues to address but will be an interesting area to watch, for both consumers and investors. Check with your local dispensary for these cannabis beverages today and register for a CannaCon event near you to learn more!